Renaissance Woman Retreat
A Journey to Self
Yoga | Mandala Making | Journalling | Movement | Ritual | Sharing | Laughter
Discover what it means to be a Renaissance Woman in the 21st century in the home of the Renaissance, steeped in history, art and beauty. Experience a journey to self through engaging and exploring both your inner world and the world around you. Explore and connect with your dreams, passion and purpose. Make friends and have fun and laughter with other gorgeous women in the beautiful surroundings of an Italian organic wine estate. Take time out to reconnect to your Self through creativity and intuition, to hear the whispers of your heart and to make a little magic, in this restful place and space.
SATURDAY 16TH - SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2017 - URBINO, ITALY
Your sensory Italian experience will nourish you through daily yoga and movement (optional classes), guided visualization and meditation, creative practices through journaling and mandala making, setting intentions through a new moon ritual, memorable dining and sharing sacred circle as women of many talents and inner wisdom.
Our wonderful venue offers you the opportunity to do as much or as little as you would like, including walking trails, cycling or horse-riding over the 360 hectare estate, an indoor pool and spa as well as an outdoor pool with beautiful views across the rolling hills. Hire a car or take a taxi into Urbino and discover the delights of the ancient town. Read more here.
Meet Your Hosts
Co-led by strengths coach and artist, Lynn Hanford-Day, life coach and yoga teacher, Rose Long, author and geneaologist, Mary Jones. We met on a retreat at the Urbino Resort and decided to combine our gifts, realise our dreams and run our own.
I’m a heart centred strengths coach, artist, facilitator and catalyst. I enable women of all ages and backgrounds to develop their inner knowing and confidence to be all that they can be, to find and follow the song of their heart. I hold space, providing the portal for dreaming, reflection, sharing, ritual and ceremony.
I’m a Yoga Teacher and Life Changes Coach. My passion for seeing people flourish and grow comes from my own challenges and life changing experiences. I love working as part of a group and experiencing the magic that happens when we gather together around an intention. roselong-lifechanges.com
I am a novelist with a passion for genealogy. Every day I feel and rejoice in the benefits of writing creatively. I research and write the genealogical history of families, with my invented (in my first novel) and now real enterprise, Maze Investigations. I'm looking forward to sharing with you my delight for the use of words on paper as part of accessing and expressing your inner realm. facebook.com/mazeinvestigations
Arrive on Saturday 16 September when we will gather early evening before dinner. Breakfast is available until 10am. Classes will take place from Sunday to Friday from 10 til 2pm daily, followed by a lazy buffet lunch after which you have free time. Choose to explore the estate, have a body-licious treatment in the spa, or lounge by the pool, the choice is yours. Dinner is any time from 7pm. Departures take place after breakfast on Saturday 23 September.
- 7 nights’ accommodation (priced separately and booked directly with Urbino Resort)
- Full board – breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in your room booking with Urbino Resort
- Daily Yoga and relaxation classes (optional)
- Daily creative workshops
- Provision of art paper, watercolour paint sets and compasses
- Optional complimentary 20 minute one to one sessions with Lynn, Mary and Rose
- Invite to a private Renaissance Woman FB group (you can use this to arrange shared travel)
What to Bring:
- A yoga mat
- A journal or notebook
- Your own pens and pencils for writing and journalling
What’s not included:
- Personal travel to Urbino (hire car, taxis, trains, buses)
- Personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks
- Optional spa visits and treatments
- Optional private sessions with Rose, Mary or Lynn (payment at the resort)
Give yourself time to process what you’ve experienced by extending your stay – you can do this at the time of booking your accommodation
Book a bespoke private coaching session or bespoke package
10% discount off any future workshops with Lynn
Getting to the Urbino Resort
Flights are available from Stansted Airport, UK to Ancona, Italy through Ryanair. A taxi from here to Urbino takes about 45mins.
A wider selection of airlines fly to Bologna and a taxi takes 2 to 2.5 hours. It is possible to travel by train.
Taxi details will be posted to the secret Renaissance Woman Facebook group.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 'What does a typical day look like?'
- 'What do I wear?'
- 'Are special dietary requirements catered for?'
Find the answers to these questions and more here.
Early Bird Price
The early bird price until midnight 31 March 2017 is £699.
From 1 April 2017 the price is £799.
Shared Occupancy €1043 for 7 nights full board
Single Occupancy €1253 for 7 nights full board
The retreat costs £699 with an early bird booking option until 31 March 2017 or £799 when booked on or after 1 April 2017. A flexible payment option is available:
Pay 50% of your remaining balance by 31 May 2017
Pay final 50% or 100% of your remaining balance by 31 July 2017
Accommodation is booked direct with the Urbino Resort and costs:
Single occupancy is EUR 1253 for 7 nights full board
Shared occupancy is EUR 1043 for 7 nights full board (this could be with a known sharer, or to request a shared room and meet your sharer on arrival).
Secure your booking with a £100 non-refundable deposit and you will be sent the contact details for the Urbino resort with confirmation of your booking. You will pay your 30% deposit for your full board accommodation direct to the Urbino Resort, who operate their own cancellation policy. The balance for the Urbino Resort is payable on departure.
We understand that unexpected events can occur, therefore, we strongly advise you to purchase travel insurance.
In the event that you have to cancel after booking:
- Your deposit and balance with Urbino is subject to their terms and conditions and we cannot refund or credit their fees due to failure to attend or to complete the retreat, or arriving out-with our agreed dates and times.
- Your holding deposit of £100 is non-refundable. You can transfer your deposit and accommodation reservation to another attendee. Please contact Lynn immediately if you want to do this via email: email@example.com
- Cancellations received in writing* before 31 July 2017 are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of your total retreat price (less deposit)
- Cancellations received in writing* between 1 August and 25 August 2017 (inclusive) are subject to a cancellation fee of 75% of your total retreat price (less deposit)
- Cancellations received in writing* between 26 August and 16 September 2017 (inclusive) are subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of your total retreat price (less deposit)
- In all cancellation cases and on written* agreement, you can transfer your deposit and payment amount to another attendee if you find a suitable woman to replace you.
We cannot accept exceptions and cannot refund or credit due to failure to attend or complete the retreat, or arriving out-with our agreed dates and times
*All cancellations must be sent by letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that Lynn Hanford-Day has to cancel:
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the retreat all money paid to Lynn Hanford-Day will be refunded.
Lynn Hanford-Day cannot be held responsible for any additional expenses incurred due to retreat cancellation. Again, we strongly advise you to purchase travel insurance with a robust cancellation policy to cover eventualities.
If you have any questions or concerns, or need to discuss possible cancellation (or transfer a booking) please email email@example.com